Whew – what a busy weekend, indeed! We did a lot of eating at home, but between
football (my beloved Seminoles are going to the national championship game!)
and Christmas parades, I had no time to blog!
To be truthful, this week promises to be just as busy, but that’s all
right. On weeknights, I can carve out a
bit of time, no matter the hectic schedule.
LeeLee had an evening meeting tonight, so I knew time would be
running short to get dinner on the table.
My trusty Crock-Pot came to the recipe, as always, this time with a
batch of pizza soup.
I first wrote about pizza
soup – a recipe I pulled from Stephanie over at A
Year of Slow-Cooking – a couple of years ago, and since then our love
affair with this meal has only deepened with time. I’m not sure what it is about it – its tomatoey
tang, its addition of pasta, reminiscent of minestrone, its hearty sausage and
pepperoni and mushrooms throughout – but pizza soup is always a welcome guest
at our dinner table. And on a night like
tonight, when one layer of snow and ice is melting off and another batch is on
its way before dawn tomorrow, I couldn’t ask for a more piping-hot dish to
stick to our ribs.
And in true Recessionista fashion, this recipe makes a
Crock-Pot full – giving us plenty of servings of leftovers to carry us through
the rest of the week! Now that's what I call a pizza party.
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment