Monday, December 30, 2013

Taco Night!




From taco soup last night to "beef" tacos tonight, I suppose we’ve got Mexican cuisine on the brain this week!  Looking back, it’s a shame we didn’t serve margaritas with our dinner tonight, but then we didn’t need those calories anyway in this high-octane holiday season!

We arrived home from work (and a volunteer stint at the animal shelter) around 6:45, and by 7:20 dinner was on the table.  I put a pot of yellow rice in the rice cooker and set to work chopping a tomato and washing some romaine lettuce (and opening a can of sliced black olives – hee).  As the rice began to soften, I began to heat up some Morningstar Farms “beef” crumbles in a pan (seasoned with some adobo powder) and warmed four hard taco shells in the oven.  The rice cooker clicked off a couple of minutes before the oven timer dinged – perfect timing!  And with that, dinner was ready.

As usual, it was a fantastic, filling meal, and I regret to inform you that we’ve got no leftovers!  We came to the table hungry tonight, it seems, and the tacos fit the bill just beautifully.  Not a bad way to begin ringing out 2013!  Next up: Ringing in 2014.  More to come on that just as soon as it happens!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment