Back! Told you I
wouldn’t be gone long. :)
What’s more, I’ve returned with glad tidings from the kitchen. The meal we made tonight – noodles with
stir-fried tofu and broccoli, from Nava Atlas’ The
Vegetairan 5-Ingredient Gourmet, which is one of my favorite cookbooks
ever – was filling, easy, and, most importantly, tasty. Paired with some frozen spring rolls, it made
for a perfect Thai-restaurant evening right here at home!
I began by boiling a pot of udon noodles, and as they neared
their completion, I lightly fried a pan of diced firm tofu. When the tofu cubes were nearly browned to my
liking, I added a bag of (frozen, then steamed) cut broccoli and let the
flavors mingle a bit. I’d drained the
udon by this point, so once the pan was heated through to my liking I tossed
the noodles with a hearty helping of peanut sauce and just like that, we were
ready to eat!
The result was fantastic.
Nava Atlas never lets me down, and tonight’s recipe was another
winner! LeeLee and I both went back for
seconds, and one of us (I’m not naming names, but follow my eyes) even went
back for thirds. To say nothing of the
spring rolls, which we also demolished. Ahem.
So, in short, another winner! And in Recessionista fashion, with five easy
ingredients, it was another money-saver, too.
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment