This is another one of those meals that LeeLee and I just
adore, but that for some reason I haven’t added to the menu plan in ages! Maybe it’s because we have a home-cooked
brunch at least once a weekend, or maybe it’s because I’m always eager to try
out a new dish instead. But regardless,
it’s been much too long in between times for our beloved breakfast for dinner!
Tonight’s breakfast – I mean, dinner – I mean, breakfast –
was a longtime favorite: scrambled eggs with drop biscuits and sausage
links. And it took no time at all. I tend to rely on my friends at Bisquick for
the biscuit mix, so all I had to do was add water and drop the biscuits onto a
cookie sheet to bake them for 15 minutes or so.
I scrambled four eggs in the last five minutes of the biscuits’ cooking
time, and heated the veggie sausage up before serving.
By the way -- we don't buy too many eggs these days, for both health and ethical reasons. So when I do, I try to make a good, conscious choice. We tried out Vital Farms' eggs tonight and liked them quite a lot! Of course they're pricier than your standard grocery-store egg, but per all my research, they're a more humane option. And isn't that what being frugal is all about -- allowing yourself options to make better choices for your family? Anyway, I'm not a soapboxy person (at least I don't think so!), and I feel like everyone has to make the choices that are right for them and their families, but I did want to point that out. :)
By the way -- we don't buy too many eggs these days, for both health and ethical reasons. So when I do, I try to make a good, conscious choice. We tried out Vital Farms' eggs tonight and liked them quite a lot! Of course they're pricier than your standard grocery-store egg, but per all my research, they're a more humane option. And isn't that what being frugal is all about -- allowing yourself options to make better choices for your family? Anyway, I'm not a soapboxy person (at least I don't think so!), and I feel like everyone has to make the choices that are right for them and their families, but I did want to point that out. :)
Though it took little time – and, if we’re being honest,
little effort as well! – you’d have thought I’d been working at this meal all day with
the reception it got at the dinner (breakfast?) table. We had a couple of biscuits left by meal’s
end, but all of the eggs and sausage were cleared, not even a molecule
left. And I’ve already got my eye on those
biscuits for tomorrow’s post-exercise breakfast. LeeLee, look out!
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment