Tonight was a weird one in several ways: It was my first
night back in town in more than a week, and LeeLee had to run off to a meeting
immediately after work, meaning he wouldn’t be home for dinner. But although I wouldn’t have a dinner
companion, I couldn’t stand the thought of eating out again – I’d been doing that
for a week straight! I knew I needed
something easy to make and filling – and fast.
You can count on good old breakfast for dinner! I mixed up a batch of biscuits (using
Bisquick, because, um, it’s quick), heated two vegetarian sausage links, and,
in the last few minutes of the biscuits’ cooking process, fried an egg to
accompany the meal. (As you might be
able to see from the photo, I may have left it in one minute too long; the
edges got a bit crispy! But we’re all
friends here, right?)
Though this dinner is incredibly easy to make, it’s also
incredibly tasty. I like to add a pat of
butter to my biscuits, and sometimes I tuck a sausage link in between the
slices as well for some extra flair, because why not?
If I’d been on top of my game, I’d have enjoyed a mimosa to
drink along with the meal to complete the theme. Instead, I just had water. Oh, well – breakfast for dinner hit the spot
regardless!
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment