Monday, August 18, 2014

The Basil Cometh.

Friends, we have three -- three! -- fully functioning basil plants in the back yard at present.  Not that I'm complaining -- we all love basil here at Chez Recessionista.  So although we enjoyed a round of lemon-basil pasta just recently, we trotted it back out again tonight for a curtain call, chopping down an entire half of one basil plant for the occasion.  No matter; you can hardly see the dent we made in our herb garden!  But that's OK.  I can't think of a better way to use up some locally sourced produce!

First, the Wonder-Cat supervised, comparing my movements with those in the cookbook she's sitting on:




Then, as the pasta cooked, I prepared the veggies and lemon sauce:

Then, once I drained the pasta, I added it to the bowl:

And then, gloriously … we ate.

And all was right with the world!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment