When I put tonight’s meal, a homemade mushroom soup, on the
menu list a week or so ago, I had no idea that poor LeeLee – who “never” gets
sick, we always say – would come down with a chest cold and need soup more than
anything else. When I learned he’d had a
Japanese-inspired soup for lunch, I instantly worried that he was going to be
put off by Soup Overload when another bowl of brothy goodness emerged at
dinnertime, but he insisted that it was just what he needed.
Now, perhaps the addition of cream to tonight’s vegetable
broth was not a good move, congestion-wise -- but both LeeLee and I were quite
excited to see (and taste!) the beautiful end result, piping-hot in our
favorite snowman bowls.
This was the first time I’d ever made this particular soup –
I got the recipe off of Pinterest, which is a treasure trove of great ideas! –
and I have to say, I’ll be making it again right away. It turned out great (if I do say so)! The preparation (I doubled the recipe) was
super-easy, and the end result was hearty, filling, and comforting all at once. Consider this recipe added to the permanent
collection!
Again no stats, because of the same issue as yesterday – the
case of the lost receipt. I’m keeping
much better track of this week’s!
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment