I can’t help it. Every
time I use the Crock-Pot, I feel
so smug with myself! I love coming
home to a freshly made dinner after a long day of work, even if it was my own
doing hours earlier!
Tonight was no different.
On one of our first springlike days, a light chowder was just the
ticket! So, before work, I put
everything together: a can of kernel corn, a can of creamed corn, a package of
Morningstar Farms sausage links, a diced onion, quite a few halved baby yellow
potatoes, some salt, some pepper, a bit of oregano, and two cups of water to
wash it all down. :) After nine or 10 hours cooking at Low heat,
everything was nicely cooked by the time we got home tonight!
But there was one more step to take. About 10 minutes before serving, I opened a
can of evaporated milk and stirred it into the chowder, which gave the soup a
lovely, hearty consistency. Once the
flavors had mingled and the milk had heated up, we ladled out two bowls’ worth
and chowed down! … and went back for
seconds. Because why not.
Despite our second helpings, there’s still enough for LeeLee
(or me, but probably LeeLee) to enjoy for lunch tomorrow! Once he gets through the leftover
pizzadillas, that is.
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment