Roundabout 10 a.m. today, LeeLee called to say he’d been
pulled into a meeting for tonight – a meeting, I might add, where they’ll serve
nice appetizers and wine, so let’s not feel too sorry for him. ;) I
had originally planned on making black beans and rice for dinner tonight, but
once I’d be dining alone, I decided to forge a new path!
So once I got home and got hungry (for once, the two were
not synonymous), I pulled a container of soup out of the freezer and began to
warm it up in a saucepan. I’d enjoyed
the other half of this soup several months ago and froze the leftovers for just
such an occasion as tonight’s! (I admit,
as well, that I’m a bit relieved to be cleaning out the freezer; I need more
space for some Easter goodies!)
When the soup was almost hot enough, I plugged in my trusty
sandwich press and prepared a grilled-cheese.
Atop two slices of bread I added some Vegenaise and two slices of Daiya
cheddar, and then sliced a Roma tomato to sit in the middle of the
sandwich. Once it was assembled, I put
it in the press and let it cook until the cheese was bubbling out and the bread
was nicely golden brown.
And then it was time to eat!
I used a couple of leftover tostada shells from last night as a dipping
vessel for my soup, which gave it a nice crunch. And dinner was fantastic! I didn’t have a single morsel left by the
end, and if the Wonder-Cat had gotten her way, she would have helped. (What you don’t see in the photo above is
Lucky, sitting atop the coffee table just off to the left of my TV tray,
watching intently, waiting for the perfect moment to strike!)
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment