Straight from the BettyGoes Vegan files, here comes tonight’s dinner! We’re big fans of Gardein’s “beef” tips here
at Chez Recessionista, and I knew this meal had the potential to hit the spot
in a big way.
As the weather turns more crisp and cool, I’m always looking
for ways to bring the comforts of autumn to the dinner table – anything involving
both “beef” tips and red wine is a pretty good start! Tonight, I slightly modified the recipe from
the Shannons’ cookbook (a good proxy for it can be found on
their blog, too) and got straight to work.
A few things I did differently than the recipe you see at
that link: Instead of cooking the beef separately first, I just sautéed it
right there in the Le Creuset along with the onion. I omitted the thyme (because I forgot about
it) and instead of a bouillon cube I used two ice cube-sized blocks of frozen
veggie broth. Further – and this was a
mistake, looking back, since the sauce didn’t thicken up without it (duh) – I omitted
the flour because I confess I get so tired
of whisking flour to make a roux!
Honesty is a core value on this blog, y’all, so there you have it.
Thank heaven the final result wasn’t the worse for
wear! LeeLee and I mowed down every last
piece of beef and onion (and all of the sauce, too), and there are enough
ribbon noodles left for some sort of lunch for tomorrow. We’ll definitely make this recipe again – it was
absolutely delightful! Another success
by the Shannons.
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment