Friends, please forgive me for my radio silence last
week. LeeLee and I took a little trip –
can you guess where? (Let me know in the
comments!)
Believe it or not, this was actually a Recessionista adventure. LeeLee was traveling on an all-expenses-paid
fellowship, and so everything except for my airfare and personal expenses were
taken care of! It’s not a bad way of
sightseeing, if you ask me, and I’ll tell you all the details in upcoming blog
posts, when I tackle some veg versions of the local cuisine. I can’t wait to experiment with some new
flavor profiles!
But on to tonight’s dinner: “Beef”
and hash brown casserole!
I’ve made this meal quite a few times, and it never gets
old. Not even when you take into account
the fact that this can easily feed our family for five or six meals (either
lunch or dinner)! It’s just that
good. And it extends forever. Even when our appetites are ravenous, we can’t
get through even a small percentage of this recipe! It’s a great way to stretch your ingredients
and reduce your daily prep time.
And the final results are just great. We love the heartiness that the veggie beef
and potatoes give the dish, served in tandem with the sweet tang of the spaghetti
sauce and the creaminess of the cheese on top.
Next time, I think I’ll add some pinto beans to the mix as well for some
extra pizazz!
At any rate, it’s good to be back home and back on the
blogging wagon. Look for some
international flavors to pop up on the blog in the next few weeks!
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment