Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ramen With Rotel and Salad.




Ah, yes, you knew it had to come back out of hiding sooner or later!  Some nights, the best we can muster is ramen with Rotel, and we don’t mind a bit.

Truth be told, had I planned tonight better I could have made a more labor-intensive meal, but how was I to know we’d have a schedule change at the last minute?  We were supposed to babysit our friends’ kiddos this evening – which would have been a treat! – but their plans changed, so we were given a free pass.  Our planned dinner, though, which was designed with a speedy transition in mind, has remained the same, since the only other meals on the docket this week require the slow cooker. :)  (But give us time – we may switch that up too!)

And so ramen with Rotel it is, with a tossed salad to give us some greenery in our lives.  I broke up a block of ramen noodles (sans seasoning) and tossed in a can of Rotel, then added another can of water.  Cook in the microwave for six minutes, then pull out, stir, and add a pat of butter while the two Boca chik’n patties take their turn in the hot seat.  Toss a salad and you’re off to the races!  Easy as pie – or, um ramen.

I can think of worse ways to slack off in the kitchen!  And this gives us extra time to while away the evening hours.  Not a bad plan, indeed.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment