Instead of my usual grilled mini-pizzas, tonight I wanted to
try to bake a full-sized pie over the coals, but Ma Nature gave us a
head-fake. As soon as the dough had
finished rising, here came the rain, little drizzles and showers sprinkling
down in the back yard.
I gave it a few minutes to sort itself out. No dice.
So after much deliberation, LeeLee and I decided to simply bake the
pizza in the oven. And AS SOON AS I PUT
THE PAN IN THE OVEN, the sky cleared and the sun came out.
Oh, Ma Nature. You
can be so fickle.
On the plus side, the pizza was great – we used the
dough recipe I’ve blogged about before, and topped it with sauce, whole
basil and Cuban oregano leaves, mozzarella cheese, veggie pepperoni, and chopped
bell pepper. We paired it with a side
salad teeming with great veggies, including a cucumber from last week’s Great Country Farms box, and in
tandem they made a great meal!
So maybe we didn’t have the cookout of our dreams, and maybe
I didn’t get a chance to give my new grilled-pizza concept a try. Oh, well.
The end result was great!
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment